"The Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion"
Alexis Terry, Director, Diversity and Inclusion ASAE and The Center for Association Leadership
Constance Thompson, Senior Manager, Diversity, American Society of Civil Engineers
Alexis and Constance shared the importance of diversity to your organization's success and how diverse work teams bring high value, a competitive edge, and increased work productivity. Other topics included:
- Using diversity and inclusion to spark new ideas and innovation
- Implementing forward thinking strategies
- Learning how to build on the strength of differences
- When we place value on diversity of thought, and the perspectives shared by our employees, our organizations will survive and thrive.
Constance Thompson started the presentation off with laughs to get the audience involved.
Alexis Terry continues the pace with her enthusiasm as she pulls it all together at the end.
March luncheon sponsor Capital One represented by Mary Anderson (left) and Christine Cardinal (second from left) along with Constance Thompson (second from right) and Alexis Terry (right.)
"ASAE's Association 990: A Powerful Tool for Benchmarking"
Nat Bartholomew, CPA CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
John Dripps, CPA, CAE National Association of Secondary School Principals
Nat Bartholomew and John Dripps updated FAR on the features of Association 990 which celebrates its one-year launch in May. This database which aggregates Form 990's information, gives us access to timely and accurate benchmarking data.
- Spot trends
- Address risks and vulnerabilities
- Compare meaningful performance ratios
- Generate better management reports and dashboards
- Better respond to senior leadership and board members
Nat Bartholomew, CPA (right) gave an informative overview of Association 990 while John Dripps, CPA (left) provided a real world example using his association, National Association of Secondary School Principles.
April luncheon sponsor Bank of America represented by Matt Agresti (far left) and Vanessa Smith (far right) with Nat Bartholomew, CPA (second from left) and John Dripps, CPA (second from right.)